Windows Mail: How to import messages?
If you have moved on from your Windows-based PC to an upgraded version such as Windows 7 or Windows 8, you may have definitely taken a backup of all the mails that were present in your Windows Mail e-mail client. Now, on your new PC, you will have to import the mails on your new Windows Mail account so that you can use them, as and when you may need. Importing the messages in Windows mail isn’t a complicated task and will take you just a few minutes to get done.
To start the process on your new Windows-based PC, this is what you can do:
1. Open Windows Mail.
2. Click on “File and point to “Import and then select “Messages….
3. Click on “Microsoft Windows Mail 7 and click on “Next.
4. Click on “Browse and navigate to the location of your backed-up exported messages folder and only highlight the exported folder, then click on “Select Folder.
5. Click on “Next.
6. Select the radio button next to “All Folders and click on “Next.
7. Your messages have been imported from the selected location.
8. Click on “Finish.
Simple! By just selecting the right options as mentioned above, you can comfortably import messages in your Windows mail account.
For a quick recap of the solution steps mentioned above, here is a short video that you can check out…